Saturday, January 24, 2009

Rain, Rest, Review

We finally were able to sleep and get up when we were rested (although I think I could have slept all day). Much needed rain fell most of the day, clearing out the inversion and terrible pollution that have been blanketing the city for so many days. The humidity is healing my dry, cracked hands, thankfully. After laundry and walking outside in the not-too-cold fresh air to get mail from the old apt. and practicing not getting lost in the tunnel again, I'm feeling mostly caught up with chores and errands. It felt so good to sit down and review training manuals and try to feel a little more prepared for Monday's continued training. I feel like I'm back in college! There is so much to read, study, review, etc. We're looking forward to another good night's sleep. This apartment is so quiet and peaceful and so very comfortable. Tomorrow we will be participating in a family fast for our grandson, Danny Branch, who will finally be undergoing surgery next Thursday to remove the tumor that has caused him to suffer with Cushing's Disease. We know there is power in fasting and prayer.

No comments: