Sunday, March 1, 2009

Testimony

Today is fast and testimony Sunday. I love this day. I love being able to fast, even though I know I "am not supposed to". With all my heart I bear testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know it is true. I know that Jesus Christ is the son of God, our Heavenly Father. I know He is our Savior and Redeemer and that He bought us and ransomed us with His blood and His love. I know that He restored His only Church on the earth through the Prophet Joseph Smith, whom I love and revere. I absolutely know that the Book of Mormon is truly another testament of Jesus Christ. What a wonderful, priceless record of scripture it is. I know that Elder Smith and I are serving a mission in this part of the Lord's vineyard to help in saving our kindred dead. I know they are reaching out to be found. I know that this Church is led by a true prophet, President Thomas S. Monson, today. Through prayer and sincere intent, everyone living can know these things. I know our Heavenly Father is mindful of each one of us. No one is hidden or lost to the Lord. I am so grateful for his sustaining, miraculous, loving care of our dear grandson, Danny Branch, who is enduring a difficult illness with so much suffering. I know that the atonement of our Savior will cover Danny and his devoted wife Ashley, their darling little Ellie, and his parents and brothers who all are going through this ordeal together. I know that all they are suffering will be for their eternal good. I love the Gospel and the Lord who gave it. This is my testimony in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen
Sis. Smith

2 comments:

Lulu said...

Hi

Enjoy your blog.

The tulips will soon be out.

more later.

Lulu said...

You may not know me as "Lulu"


Ronald & Donna Lax